view both successfull and failed assertions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

view both successfull and failed assertions

Mathijs Groen
Hi,

In the listener Assertions Results, you can view Errors or Successes.

You can only view either one of them at a time (either one of the checkboxes can be selected). If you change flags between Errors and Successes you need to re-execute your tests.

I want to view both successful as well as failed validations at the same time in one overview. Is this possible with Jmeter?

Mathijs Groen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: view both successfull and failed assertions

shettyd
Hi
you should probably raise an enhancement request - i dont see why it should
be either.
You could always add 2 different Assertion Results , one to log successes
and one to log errors
personally though the success result is trivial , I wonder what your use
case is that you need to know .

regards
deepak

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:45 AM Mathijs Groen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the listener Assertions Results, you can view Errors or Successes.
>
> You can only view either one of them at a time (either one of the
> checkboxes can be selected). If you change flags between Errors and
> Successes you need to re-execute your tests.
>
> I want to view both successful as well as failed validations at the same
> time in one overview. Is this possible with Jmeter?
>
> Mathijs Groen
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: view both successfull and failed assertions

shettyd
actually  the way the other listeners work is if both errors and successes
are unchecked then all samplers are logged
If you save the results to file you can (save as XML with save assertion
results) you can see it logged too - Im guessing you wanted to see
something in the Assertion Results sampler when there is a success right -
there isnt a message to show though. A success assertion looks like

<assertionResult>
    <name>Response AssertionA</name>
    <failure>false</failure>
    <error>false</error>
  </assertionResult>

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 10:02 AM Deepak Shetty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> you should probably raise an enhancement request - i dont see why it
> should be either.
> You could always add 2 different Assertion Results , one to log successes
> and one to log errors
> personally though the success result is trivial , I wonder what your use
> case is that you need to know .
>
> regards
> deepak
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:45 AM Mathijs Groen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the listener Assertions Results, you can view Errors or Successes.
>>
>> You can only view either one of them at a time (either one of the
>> checkboxes can be selected). If you change flags between Errors and
>> Successes you need to re-execute your tests.
>>
>> I want to view both successful as well as failed validations at the same
>> time in one overview. Is this possible with Jmeter?
>>
>> Mathijs Groen
>>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: view both successfull and failed assertions

Mathijs Groen
In reply to this post by shettyd
Hi,

For a testing tool it's basic core functionality to have  an overview all assertions in 1 screen/overview - both passed as well as failed.

How can I do an enhancement request - what's the procedure for that?

Thanks,
Mathijs Groen

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Deepak Shetty <[hidden email]>
Verzonden: Thursday, 4 October 2018 19:03
Aan: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
Onderwerp: Re: view both successfull and failed assertions

Hi
you should probably raise an enhancement request - i dont see why it should be either.
You could always add 2 different Assertion Results , one to log successes and one to log errors personally though the success result is trivial , I wonder what your use case is that you need to know .

regards
deepak

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:45 AM Mathijs Groen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the listener Assertions Results, you can view Errors or Successes.
>
> You can only view either one of them at a time (either one of the
> checkboxes can be selected). If you change flags between Errors and
> Successes you need to re-execute your tests.
>
> I want to view both successful as well as failed validations at the
> same time in one overview. Is this possible with Jmeter?
>
> Mathijs Groen
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: view both successfull and failed assertions

shettyd
Hi
Your desire
Request 1
  Assert A success
  Assertion B Success
Request 2
  Assert A fails because blah

Current state
Request 1
Request 2
  Assert A fails because blah

I dont see the difference or the use (Definitions of basic functionality
aside). The first one doesn't add much value.

It is however, how the listeners behave when they actually write to file so
I guess the Listener should behave in the same way when showing it in the
GUI so an enhancement should be fine.

regards
deepak


On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 5:35 AM Mathijs Groen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For a testing tool it's basic core functionality to have  an overview all
> assertions in 1 screen/overview - both passed as well as failed.
>
> How can I do an enhancement request - what's the procedure for that?
>
> Thanks,
> Mathijs Groen
>
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: Deepak Shetty <[hidden email]>
> Verzonden: Thursday, 4 October 2018 19:03
> Aan: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
> Onderwerp: Re: view both successfull and failed assertions
>
> Hi
> you should probably raise an enhancement request - i dont see why it
> should be either.
> You could always add 2 different Assertion Results , one to log successes
> and one to log errors personally though the success result is trivial , I
> wonder what your use case is that you need to know .
>
> regards
> deepak
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:45 AM Mathijs Groen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the listener Assertions Results, you can view Errors or Successes.
> >
> > You can only view either one of them at a time (either one of the
> > checkboxes can be selected). If you change flags between Errors and
> > Successes you need to re-execute your tests.
> >
> > I want to view both successful as well as failed validations at the
> > same time in one overview. Is this possible with Jmeter?
> >
> > Mathijs Groen
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>