Webservice Load Testing

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Webservice Load Testing

praveen tiwari
Hi All,

I have a requirement in my organisation where I need to load test a windows
service.
We have a file and it keeps running every minute.
Any idea how it can be achieved using Jmeter?
Let me know if I am not clear and more clarification required.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservice Load Testing

mitsm
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Does it involve client server interaction or is it only a client based activity?

If it is only a client based activity then you dont need to load test it. Only volume test will be fine which wont require jMeter involvement.

If it is client server please post further information and also add what steps you have taken till now. Just a plain question of "what can be done" will not attract any replies.

Hope this helps.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservice Load Testing

praveen tiwari
In reply to this post by praveen tiwari
Hi,

Its not a client server activity.
It's just a windows file kept on server and keeps executing every minute.


On 17-Aug-2017 11:57 AM, "praveen tiwari" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a requirement in my organisation where I need to load test a
> windows service.
> We have a file and it keeps running every minute.
> Any idea how it can be achieved using Jmeter?
> Let me know if I am not clear and more clarification required.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservice Load Testing

Bob Nance
JMeter is a "man in the middle" that tracks transactions between an http server and an endpoint (in simplest terms). It doesn't measure resource usage on the server or the client. It's probably not going to be useful for your test case.

-----
  Bob Nance
  Novation Systems
  256-534-4620
  https://novationsys.com

> On Aug 17, 2017, at 2:26 AM, praveen tiwari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Its not a client server activity.
> It's just a windows file kept on server and keeps executing every minute.
>
>
>> On 17-Aug-2017 11:57 AM, "praveen tiwari" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have a requirement in my organisation where I need to load test a
>> windows service.
>> We have a file and it keeps running every minute.
>> Any idea how it can be achieved using Jmeter?
>> Let me know if I am not clear and more clarification required.
>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservice Load Testing

amitmeter
Hi Praveen,

You might get help from Performance Analysis of Logs (PAL) Tool
https://pal.codeplex.com.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Bob Nance <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> JMeter is a "man in the middle" that tracks transactions between an http
> server and an endpoint (in simplest terms). It doesn't measure resource
> usage on the server or the client. It's probably not going to be useful for
> your test case.
>
> -----
>   Bob Nance
>   Novation Systems
>   256-534-4620
>   https://novationsys.com
>
> > On Aug 17, 2017, at 2:26 AM, praveen tiwari <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Its not a client server activity.
> > It's just a windows file kept on server and keeps executing every minute.
> >
> >
> >> On 17-Aug-2017 11:57 AM, "praveen tiwari" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I have a requirement in my organisation where I need to load test a
> >> windows service.
> >> We have a file and it keeps running every minute.
> >> Any idea how it can be achieved using Jmeter?
> >> Let me know if I am not clear and more clarification required.
> >>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Thanks and Regards,
Amit
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Webservice Load Testing

glinius@live.com
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by praveen tiwari
Not sure if you need JMeter at all, however it has OS Process Sampler  which can be used for kicking off external commands and programs, you can use it for executing arbitrary tasks, measuring time, verifying the output, etc, see How to Run External Commands and Programs Locally and Remotely from JMeter article for more details.

Also there is a JSR223 Sampler where you can write arbitrary Groovy code which can be used for the same, this will be more flexible, extensible and cross-platform.