I have a java7 application on JBoss 6.1 that I am testing. My test is completing a form which creates a unique 5 digit id number. I have a regex extractor after the call that finds the id and propagates it throughout the test. I tested this and was successfully able to find 1 match on one sample, created a variable, ran the test, and all was green. Currently when the test is run I am getting 500 errors back from the JBoss web server. The server log states “ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/]] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-19) Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized” When doing this manually, no errors occur.
My suspicion is that the regex extractor is not working correctly. However, I have no way to prove this. I also suspect that if I record the test again, everything will be green; the script is quite large and I would not want to re-record over and over again.
Has anyone encountered this with JMeter 3.3, JBoss 6.1, and Java 7? If so, was there any resolution?
Software QA Manager
Health Information Designs, LLC
Office: 334.502.3262 x3138
2. If request in real browser is successful and request by JMeter is not
there should be something different. Compare requests which originate from
JMeter and the real browser using a sniffer tool like Wireshark
<https://www.wireshark.org/> or Fiddler <https://www.telerik.com/fiddler>
, you should be able to detect differences by inspecting HTTP packets. It
might be the case you need to correlate not only the form id, but few more
parameters. As a workaround you can try an alternative way of recording a
JMeter test which can export recorded requests in SmartJMX mode
automatically detecting and dynamic parameters and creating regular
expression extractors to handle them See How to Cut Your JMeter Scripting
Time by 80%
article for more details.