RE: [New icons for JMeter] - feedback? [bcc][faked-from]

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [New icons for JMeter] - feedback? [bcc][faked-from]

Krahe, Chris
Peter-

Nice artwork.

My favorites:
* Book for Test Plan
* Spool for Thread Group
* Pencil for Simple Data Writer
* Clock for Constant Throughput Timer

Suggestions:
* Green go button from Firefox (the circle w/out word 'Go') for HTTP
Request
* Diskette for Save Responses
* Question mark for If Controller
* Check mark for BeanShell Assertion

-Chris

Chris Krahe
Aquilent, Inc
[hidden email]
 

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 10:50 AM
To: jmeter-user
Subject: [New icons for JMeter] - feedback? [bcc][faked-from]
Importance: Low

the last few days I've created some new icons for jmeter and would like
to get some feedback from the users.

http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/new_icons6.png

no decision has been made yet on whether or not these new icons will be
included in the next release. Any feedback is appreciated.


peter lin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [New icons for JMeter] - feedback? [bcc][faked-from]

Peter Lin
thanks for the feedback.

On 6/13/05, Krahe, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter-
>
> Nice artwork.
>
> My favorites:
> * Book for Test Plan
> * Spool for Thread Group
> * Pencil for Simple Data Writer
> * Clock for Constant Throughput Timer
>
> Suggestions:
> * Green go button from Firefox (the circle w/out word 'Go') for HTTP
> Request
> * Diskette for Save Responses
> * Question mark for If Controller
> * Check mark for BeanShell Assertion

although these are good suggestions, it would mean having specific
icon for each plugin. If I had more time, I'd try it. Perhaps later on
when i have more time, I'll give those ideas a try.

peter

>
> -Chris
>
> Chris Krahe
> Aquilent, Inc
> [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [New icons for JMeter] - feedback? [bcc][faked-from]

sebb-2-2
On 6/13/05, Peter Lin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks for the feedback.
>
> On 6/13/05, Krahe, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Peter-
> >
> > Nice artwork.
> >
> > My favorites:
> > * Book for Test Plan
> > * Spool for Thread Group
> > * Pencil for Simple Data Writer
> > * Clock for Constant Throughput Timer
> >
> > Suggestions:
> > * Green go button from Firefox (the circle w/out word 'Go') for HTTP
> > Request
> > * Diskette for Save Responses
> > * Question mark for If Controller
> > * Check mark for BeanShell Assertion
>
> although these are good suggestions, it would mean having specific
> icon for each plugin. If I had more time, I'd try it. Perhaps later on
> when i have more time, I'll give those ideas a try.
>

Just to clarify - at present the icons are assigned to groups of test
elements, based on the parent GUI class used by the test element.

So the proposed check-mark would apply to all Assertions - which would
be OK - but using a Question Mark for all Controllers would be
confusing. On the other hand, a question mark would also work for the
assertions ...

There are plans to make the assignment of icons configurable, but it
would probably be too much to assign a different icon to each test
element.

S.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]