Multiple file uploads?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multiple file uploads?

Jonathan OLIVER
Is it possible to have multiple file uploads in a single http request sampler?  It is easy enough to do one but my webapp requires 10 files to all be sent in one request with 10 different parameter names.

If this is possible please tell me how ;)

cheers,

jon

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multiple file uploads?

sebb-2-2
On 5/13/05, Jonathan OLIVER <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to have multiple file uploads in a single http request sampler?  It is easy enough to do one but my webapp requires 10 files to all be sent in one request with 10 different parameter names.

Not at present.
 
> If this is possible please tell me how ;)

Could be added by amending the samplers, and the corresponding GUIs.

The GUI could be changed to so that file uploads were specified in an
extendable table - as parameters are done at present.

May I suggest you create a Bugzilla enhancement request?

> cheers,
>
> jon
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Multiple file uploads?

Jonathan OLIVER
In reply to this post by Jonathan OLIVER
I used Badboy to record the submition of 10 simultaneous file uploads via http request and then exported to jmeter .jmx file.

Upon examination of the file all parameters are grouped into a collection, whereas only one httpFile is in the sampler--no collection.  I'm assuming the easiest solution to this problem is to add a File Collection in addition to the parameter collection.

and then this collection could be implemented as you said in the gui as an expandable area.


-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: May 13, 2005 10:09 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple file uploads?


On 5/13/05, Jonathan OLIVER <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to have multiple file uploads in a single http request sampler?  It is easy enough to do one but my webapp requires 10 files to all be sent in one request with 10 different parameter names.

Not at present.
 
> If this is possible please tell me how ;)

Could be added by amending the samplers, and the corresponding GUIs.

The GUI could be changed to so that file uploads were specified in an
extendable table - as parameters are done at present.

May I suggest you create a Bugzilla enhancement request?

> cheers,
>
> jon
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Multiple file uploads?

Jonathan OLIVER
In reply to this post by Jonathan OLIVER
Also, how do I access the bugzilla?  I can't figure it out...

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: May 13, 2005 10:09 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple file uploads?


On 5/13/05, Jonathan OLIVER <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to have multiple file uploads in a single http request sampler?  It is easy enough to do one but my webapp requires 10 files to all be sent in one request with 10 different parameter names.

Not at present.
 
> If this is possible please tell me how ;)

Could be added by amending the samplers, and the corresponding GUIs.

The GUI could be changed to so that file uploads were specified in an
extendable table - as parameters are done at present.

May I suggest you create a Bugzilla enhancement request?

> cheers,
>
> jon
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]