Jmeter Throughput Calculation - Dashboard Report

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jmeter Throughput Calculation - Dashboard Report

Prateek Dua
Hi,

I'm getting bit confused with Throughput Calculation in this --
https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7   Jmeter Dashboard Report . I'm considering the
logic  *Throughput = (number of requests) / (total time)*.  But not getting
the calculative output as coming in report.

Please let me know the mistake I'm doing here in calculating Throughput.



Thanks,
Prateek

--


::DISCLAIMER::


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jmeter Throughput Calculation - Dashboard Report

Prateek Dua-2
here for total time, I'm taking Avg Response time of requests.

ie. if requests fired are 100 and Avg response time is 4000 ms ;

 then I'm calculating   100/4000

Throughput = (number of requests) / (total time

Thanks,
Prateek

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, 03:44 Prateek Dua, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting bit confused with Throughput Calculation in this --
> https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7   Jmeter Dashboard Report . I'm considering
> the
> logic  *Throughput = (number of requests) / (total time)*.  But not getting
> the calculative output as coming in report.
>
> Please let me know the mistake I'm doing here in calculating Throughput.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> Prateek
>
> --
>
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>
> This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
> contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
> disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
> the
> message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
> immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
> from your system.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jmeter Throughput Calculation Concern - Native Dashboard Report

Prateek Dua
In reply to this post by Prateek Dua
Resending with more details...

Hi Team,
Need help in understanding the Throughput Calculation in Jmeter Native  Dashboard Report.  I'm considering the logic  Throughput = (number of requests) / (total time). Here for total time, I'm taking Avg Response time of requests. 
ie. if requests fired are 100 ( row#2 in screenshot) and Avg response time is 26100 ms ; then I'm calculating -> 100 /26100 in ms and then multiplying outcome with 1000 to get in sec ; then further multiplying with 60 to measure it in mins but not getting the  actual result 2.11 mentioned in report.

Please help me in understanding this calculation. 
  
Thanks,
Prateek

Thanks,
Prateek

The contents of this email, including the attachments, are privileged and confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. If you receive it in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and then permanently delete it from your system. The unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email, including the attachments, is strictly forbidden. Please note that neither the sender nor the company accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

throughput.png (103K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jmeter Throughput Calculation Concern - Native Dashboard Report

sbos-61
HI Prateek

in this context, the (total time) is the total time used for whole test, from the beginning of the first request until the end of
the last one.
HTH

Sergio

Il 27/07/2020 17:14, Prateek Dua ha scritto:

> Resending with more details...
>
> Hi Team,
> Need help in understanding the Throughput Calculation in Jmeter Native  Dashboard Report. I'm considering the logic Throughput =
> (number of requests) / (total time). Here for total time, I'm taking Avg Response time of requests.
> ie. if requests fired are 100 ( row#2 in screenshot) and Avg response time is 26100 ms ; then I'm calculating -> 100 /26100 in ms
> and then multiplying outcome with 1000 to get in sec ; then further multiplying with 60 to measure it in mins but not getting the 
> actual result 2.11 mentioned in report.
> https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7
>
> Please help me in understanding this calculation.
> Thanks,
> Prateek
> <https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7>
>
> Imgur <https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7>
> Post with 16 views.
> imgur.com
>
>
> Thanks,
> Prateek
>
>
>           The contents of this email, including the attachments, are *privileged and confidential* to the intended recipient at
>           the email address to which it has been addressed. If you receive it in error, please notify the sender immediately by
>           return email and then permanently delete it from your system. The unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration
>           of this email, including the attachments, is strictly forbidden. Please note that neither the sender nor the company
>           accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


--

Ing. Sergio Boso



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jmeter Throughput Calculation Concern - Native Dashboard Report

Malith Jayasinghe
would like to add the following to the previous response:

It seems that there are multiple throughput values in your test indicating
multiple tests. The throughput for each of these tests can be calculated as
follows: number of samples (of the test)/time duration (of the test)

time duration of the test (i.e. total time of the test) is not equal to
numbers requests (i.e. samples) * average response time (hint: requests are
processed in parallel)

Does the report show the time duration? It seems it does not.


On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 7:09 PM Sergio Boso <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> HI Prateek
>
> in this context, the (total time) is the total time used for whole test,
> from the beginning of the first request until the end of
> the last one.
> HTH
>
> Sergio
>
> Il 27/07/2020 17:14, Prateek Dua ha scritto:
> > Resending with more details...
> >
> > Hi Team,
> > Need help in understanding the Throughput Calculation in Jmeter Native
> Dashboard Report. I'm considering the logic Throughput =
> > (number of requests) / (total time). Here for total time, I'm taking Avg
> Response time of requests.
> > ie. if requests fired are 100 ( row#2 in screenshot) and Avg response
> time is 26100 ms ; then I'm calculating -> 100 /26100 in ms
> > and then multiplying outcome with 1000 to get in sec ; then further
> multiplying with 60 to measure it in mins but not getting the
> > actual result 2.11 mentioned in report.
> > https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7
> >
> > Please help me in understanding this calculation.
> > Thanks,
> > Prateek
> > <https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7>
> >
> > Imgur <https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7>
> > Post with 16 views.
> > imgur.com
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prateek
> >
> >
> >           The contents of this email, including the attachments, are
> *privileged and confidential* to the intended recipient at
> >           the email address to which it has been addressed. If you
> receive it in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> >           return email and then permanently delete it from your system.
> The unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration
> >           of this email, including the attachments, is strictly
> forbidden. Please note that neither the sender nor the company
> >           accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
> responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
> --
>
> Ing. Sergio Boso
>
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jmeter Throughput Calculation Concern - Native Dashboard Report

Prateek Dua
Thank you guys & I got it .  I have monitored my reports against  test run time duration.

So right..its basically getting calculated by no. of requests / total test duration time and shown as Request per sec Unit  in Dashboard Report.


Thanks,
Prateek
________________________________
From: Malith Jayasinghe <[hidden email]>
Sent: 30 July 2020 10:26
To: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Jmeter Throughput Calculation Concern - Native Dashboard Report

would like to add the following to the previous response:

It seems that there are multiple throughput values in your test indicating
multiple tests. The throughput for each of these tests can be calculated as
follows: number of samples (of the test)/time duration (of the test)

time duration of the test (i.e. total time of the test) is not equal to
numbers requests (i.e. samples) * average response time (hint: requests are
processed in parallel)

Does the report show the time duration? It seems it does not.


On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 7:09 PM Sergio Boso <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> HI Prateek
>
> in this context, the (total time) is the total time used for whole test,
> from the beginning of the first request until the end of
> the last one.
> HTH
>
> Sergio
>
> Il 27/07/2020 17:14, Prateek Dua ha scritto:
> > Resending with more details...
> >
> > Hi Team,
> > Need help in understanding the Throughput Calculation in Jmeter Native
> Dashboard Report. I'm considering the logic Throughput =
> > (number of requests) / (total time). Here for total time, I'm taking Avg
> Response time of requests.
> > ie. if requests fired are 100 ( row#2 in screenshot) and Avg response
> time is 26100 ms ; then I'm calculating -> 100 /26100 in ms
> > and then multiplying outcome with 1000 to get in sec ; then further
> multiplying with 60 to measure it in mins but not getting the
> > actual result 2.11 mentioned in report.
> > https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7
> >
> > Please help me in understanding this calculation.
> > Thanks,
> > Prateek
> > <https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7>
> >
> > Imgur <https://imgur.com/a/2r8XNF7>
> > Post with 16 views.
> > imgur.com
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prateek
> >
> >
> >           The contents of this email, including the attachments, are
> *privileged and confidential* to the intended recipient at
> >           the email address to which it has been addressed. If you
> receive it in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> >           return email and then permanently delete it from your system.
> The unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration
> >           of this email, including the attachments, is strictly
> forbidden. Please note that neither the sender nor the company
> >           accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
> responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
> --
>
> Ing. Sergio Boso
>
>
>
>

The contents of this email, including the attachments, are privileged and confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. If you receive it in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and then permanently delete it from your system. The unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email, including the attachments, is strictly forbidden. Please note that neither the sender nor the company accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).