Define IP address for jMeter client

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Define IP address for jMeter client

samuel.svelta
Hello,

ist there any way to define IP address used by jMeter client?
We have 1 windows jMeter client and 2 Linux jMeter slaves. They should communicate throught IP 51.77.52.XX, but jMeter client (Windows) is installed on server, where are configured 2 different IP addresses - 192.168.1.XX (backup IP) and 51.77.52.XX (user IP). jMeter client is on sturtup initialized with wrong IP adress 192.168.1.XX and he is not able to receive Results from his slaves - they send it throught 51.77.52.XX

Requirment is to define correct IP for jMeter client (Windows). Is it possible?

Thank you
Samuel

pmd
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Define IP address for jMeter client

pmd
Hello,
Can you provide your logs ?
Thanks

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ist there any way to define IP address used by jMeter client?
> We have 1 windows jMeter client and 2 Linux jMeter slaves. They should
> communicate throught IP 51.77.52.XX, but jMeter client (Windows) is
> installed on server, where are configured 2 different IP addresses -
> 192.168.1.XX (backup IP) and 51.77.52.XX (user IP). jMeter client is on
> sturtup initialized with wrong IP adress 192.168.1.XX and he is not able to
> receive Results from his slaves - they send it throught 51.77.52.XX
>
> Requirment is to define correct IP for jMeter client (Windows). Is it
> possible?
>
> Thank you
> Samuel
>
>


--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Define IP address for jMeter client

samuel.svelta
Hello,

please find attached jmeter (client+server) log.

Thanks
Samuel

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Mouawad [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 3:59 PM
To: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Define IP address for jMeter client

Hello,
Can you provide your logs ?
Thanks

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ist there any way to define IP address used by jMeter client?
> We have 1 windows jMeter client and 2 Linux jMeter slaves. They should
> communicate throught IP 51.77.52.XX, but jMeter client (Windows) is
> installed on server, where are configured 2 different IP addresses -
> 192.168.1.XX (backup IP) and 51.77.52.XX (user IP). jMeter client is
> on sturtup initialized with wrong IP adress 192.168.1.XX and he is not
> able to receive Results from his slaves - they send it throught
> 51.77.52.XX
>
> Requirment is to define correct IP for jMeter client (Windows). Is it
> possible?
>
> Thank you
> Samuel
>
>

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Define IP address for jMeter client

Felix Schumacher
Am 25.11.2017 um 22:04 schrieb [hidden email]:
> Hello,
>
> please find attached jmeter (client+server) log.
Attachments are often stripped by the mailing list. That seems to have
happened with yours, too.

If the logs are not to long, post them inline. Otherwise publish them
somewhere on the web and post a link to them here.

Regards,
 ¬†Felix

>
> Thanks
> Samuel
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Philippe Mouawad [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 3:59 PM
> To: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Define IP address for jMeter client
>
> Hello,
> Can you provide your logs ?
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> ist there any way to define IP address used by jMeter client?
>> We have 1 windows jMeter client and 2 Linux jMeter slaves. They should
>> communicate throught IP 51.77.52.XX, but jMeter client (Windows) is
>> installed on server, where are configured 2 different IP addresses -
>> 192.168.1.XX (backup IP) and 51.77.52.XX (user IP). jMeter client is
>> on sturtup initialized with wrong IP adress 192.168.1.XX and he is not
>> able to receive Results from his slaves - they send it throught
>> 51.77.52.XX
>>
>> Requirment is to define correct IP for jMeter client (Windows). Is it
>> possible?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Samuel
>>
>>
>
> --
> Cordialement.
> Philippe Mouawad.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Define IP address for jMeter client

samuel.svelta
Hello Felix,

thanks for your reply. I am new in this community and have already read about attachment's restrictions.

I send links to logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cap0j0ql7x9t398/jmeter-client_windows.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii0ab5lvmywk5km/jmeter-server_linux.log?dl=0

Thanks.

Regards,
Samuel

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Schumacher [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 10:26 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Define IP address for jMeter client

Am 25.11.2017 um 22:04 schrieb [hidden email]:
> Hello,
>
> please find attached jmeter (client+server) log.
Attachments are often stripped by the mailing list. That seems to have happened with yours, too.

If the logs are not to long, post them inline. Otherwise publish them somewhere on the web and post a link to them here.

Regards,
 ¬†Felix

>
> Thanks
> Samuel
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Philippe Mouawad [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 3:59 PM
> To: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Define IP address for jMeter client
>
> Hello,
> Can you provide your logs ?
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> ist there any way to define IP address used by jMeter client?
>> We have 1 windows jMeter client and 2 Linux jMeter slaves. They
>> should communicate throught IP 51.77.52.XX, but jMeter client
>> (Windows) is installed on server, where are configured 2 different IP
>> addresses - 192.168.1.XX (backup IP) and 51.77.52.XX (user IP).
>> jMeter client is on sturtup initialized with wrong IP adress
>> 192.168.1.XX and he is not able to receive Results from his slaves -
>> they send it throught 51.77.52.XX
>>
>> Requirment is to define correct IP for jMeter client (Windows). Is it
>> possible?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Samuel
>>
>>
>
> --
> Cordialement.
> Philippe Mouawad.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Define IP address for jMeter client

glinius@live.com
In reply to this post by samuel.svelta
You can define the desired interface to bind to via
*java.rmi.server.hostname* property

Add the next line to /system.properties/ file (lives in "bin" folder of your
JMeter installation)


> java.rmi.server.hostname=51.77.52.XX

JMeter restart will be required to pick the property up

Another option would be passing the property via -D command-line argument
like


> jmeter -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=51.77.52.XX ....

References:

 1.  Configuring JMeter
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#configuring_jmeter>  
 2.  Overriding Properties Via The Command Line
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#override>  
 3.  How to Perform Distributed Testing in JMeter
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-perform-distributed-testing-in-jmeter>  
 4. java.rmi Properties
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/rmi/javarmiproperties.html>  



--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Define IP address for jMeter client

samuel.svelta
Hello,

thanks for your hint, it helped. I was aware about this property, but did not know where to put this line.

Big thanks for your help.

Regards,
Samuel

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 7:14 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Define IP address for jMeter client

You can define the desired interface to bind to via
*java.rmi.server.hostname* property

Add the next line to /system.properties/ file (lives in "bin" folder of your JMeter installation)


> java.rmi.server.hostname=51.77.52.XX

JMeter restart will be required to pick the property up

Another option would be passing the property via -D command-line argument like


> jmeter -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=51.77.52.XX ....

References:

 1.  Configuring JMeter
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#configuring_jmeter>
 2.  Overriding Properties Via The Command Line <http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#override>
 3.  How to Perform Distributed Testing in JMeter <https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-perform-distributed-testing-in-jmeter>
 4. java.rmi Properties
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/rmi/javarmiproperties.html>  



--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]